Building Use Policy
Broadmoor Community Church offers the use of its facilities for a wide range of functions and groups. The policies and fees differ for different uses and groups. Preferential treatment will be given to activities that are directly hosted by the church or support the church’s mission.
The division of uses is as follows:
- Non-profit groups using the facilities during business hours are encouraged to offer a donation to the church for room use. Fees may apply for custodial services, set-up, clean-up and/or materials used.
- Non-profit groups using the facilities outside business hours will be charged a $30 per hour fee if custodial services are needed to open/close, set up, clean up and be available during the program.
- During business hours, non-profit groups that do not wish to provide their own setup and cleanup will be charged a $25 custodial fee per hour.
- For non-profits using the church outside of normal business hours, failure to lock exterior doors and turn off interior lights will result in a $50 fine and may result in the group losing use privileges.
The Center for Spiritual Living
- Groups that are a part of The Center for Spiritual Living will be asked for a 10% donation on all fees and receipts collected while holding classes or events on the church’s property. Fees may also be charged for custodial services, set-up, clean-up and use of materials.
- If groups do not wish to provide a donation, the attached Fee Schedule will be followed.
For-profit groups and individuals who charge a fee for service
- Staff and members who use the church facility and charge a fee for services not related to their church work must have such use approved by senior staff and fill out a Property Use Agreement.
- For-profit groups and individuals using the facilities in such a manner are asked to contribute a 10% donation on all fees and receipts collected while holding classes or events on the church’s property. Fees may also be charged for custodial services, set-up, clean-up and use of materials.
- For profit outside groups not connected to The Center will not be allowed to use the church.
Groups using the church without charge must provide their own setup and clean-up, even during business hours. Cleanup includes but is not limited to putting the room back the way it was found – tables and chairs in the proper location, carpet and floors picked up, trash in proper receptacles and items brought in for the event removed.
Outside business hours, such groups must also secure the building upon leaving. Lock-up includes turning off the appropriate lighting, closing and locking doors, and other procedures as instructed.
Church programming has priority over outside programming. Outside programs may be cancelled or moved to another room at any time. Times outlined within the contract need to be strictly adhered to. A flat fee will be charged to groups that use the kitchen (see fee schedule). Outside groups other than the Center for Spiritual Living may not use the church facilities for storage. Storage use by the Center for Spiritual Living must be approved by the Senior Staff.
The facilities of Broadmoor Community Church cannot be used for direct profit-motivated commercial sales activities. If there are questions about what is allowed, the senior staff will make the decision.
A notebook will be kept and maintained in the church office to keep track of what groups are using the church, and how the church is being compensated. Each group must complete a Property Use Agreement, which will be reviewed annually. Each year on July 1st, every group must reapply and complete a new Property Use Agreement.
While it is acknowledged that exceptions may be made to the above by Senior Staff, they should be few and far between. Each exception must be documented as to why it was made.
NOTE: BROADMOOR COMMUNITY CHURCH IS A SMOKE-FREE FACILITY. USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRUGS AND/OR FIREARMS IS PROHIBITED ANYWHERE ON THE CHURCH PREMISES.
Information on Use of Church Facilities
The church offers its facilities to individual and non-profit organizations. To provide the best possible relationship between your group’s plans and the policies and programs of our church, we feel it is important for you to know the following:
1) Groups are not officially booked on our calendar until approved by the weekly meeting of the church staff, and until a Property Use Agreement is signed and returned to the church with a deposit, if required. Telephone and personal conversations with church staff merely inform you of availability of space.
2) We can prepare adequately only if you tell us of your needs. If using the Otto Fellowship Hall, please complete the Setup Request Form. If another room is used, and the different furniture arrangement is needed, that should also be noted. Our custodian is not available for last minute arrangements.
3) The following is a list of fees charged to all groups not sponsored by the church.
Room Room Use Fee Minimum Deposit
Sanctuary To be determined by the senior staff Same as Room Use Fee $100 for groups of 50 or less
Room Use Fee
|Sanctuary||To be determined by the senior staff||Same as Room Use Fee||$100 for groups of 50 or less $200 for groups of 51 or more|
|Otto Fellowship HallKitchen Use||$25 per hour plus $50 custodial fee $15 per hour plus $25 custodial fee||$75 $40||$100 for groups of 50 or less $200 for groups of 51 or more|
|Glenview Room||$25 per hour||$40||$100|
|Conference Room||$15 per hour||$25||$50|
|Fireside Room||$15 per hour||$25||$50|
|Youth Room||$15 per hour||$25||$50|
|Music Room||$25 per hour||$40||$100|
|East/West Wings||$25 per wing/hour||$40||$100|
You will be expected to strictly adhere to the times for your room usage as stated in the Property Use Agreement
Coffee (regular and decaf) and tea service is available upon request. The cost is: $20 minimum or $1.00 per cup OR ($20 per thermal pot)If you prefer to provide your own coffee service you may do this providing you supply your own coffee pots, coffee, tea, sugar, creamer and any other supply necessary for this service.
Payment for all charges is due seven (7) days prior to your event. Please make checks payable to Broadmoor Community Church.
Any organization that uses any space within the church campus, including any part of the premises or the building of which the facilities are a part or the parking facilities on or adjacent thereto, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Broadmoor Community Church. The organization using any space will be held responsible for damages to the facility incurred by any member of their group.
SMOKING IS FORBIDDEN IN THE CHURCH BUILDINGS AND ON THE CHURCH PROPERTY. USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRUGS, AND/OR FIREARMS IS PROHIBITED ANYWHERE ON THE CHURCH PREMISES.